Bed Bugs have experienced a resurgence in recent years and are a threat in; hotels, homes, apartments, college dorms, nursing homes, hospitals and as well as trains, busses, etc. Bed Bugs are a real pest, especially when you travel. “Sleep tight don’t let the bed bugs bite,” is no longer just a nursery rhyme. Bed Bugs concentrate in areas where people sleep, hence their name. Adult bed bugs are about the size of a tick and are quite prolific. Once they get in your bags they can easily spread to other areas inside of your home. Since bed bugs can live for months without feeding,they can even be found in vacant buildings.
To completely eliminate a bed bug infestation which requires a pest control professional. Our technicians are specailly trained to inspect for the presence of bed bugs and treat targeted sites,to create peace of mind for your family, with a budget friendly approach. Make sure to educate yourself about bed bugs, bed bugs are non-discriminating and have been found worldwide regardless of income level, ethnicity, cleanliness, etc. All bed bugs are interested in is a blood meal.
Things you can do to help protect yourself from Bed Bugs
- Protect yourself when you travel. When you arrive at your destination inspect the mattres, box spring, and head board. Look for droppings, live bed bugs, cast skins, and staining on the bed linens. When returning from your trip, place your luggage in a sealed plastic bag, wash all of your clothing regardless if it was worn or not. Laundry must be washed in hot water and dried on high temperature.
- If you buy clothing from a thrift shop or yard sale, make sure it is washed in hot water and dry before bringing it into your home.
- When using mass transit, keep your belongings close, do not put your belongings on the seat next to you.
- Be cautios,locker rooms, coat closets, etc.
- Try to reduce clutter, the more belongings you have in your home, the more difficult it is to resolve an infestation.
- If you suspect you have an issue contact us immediately. The sooner the problem is identified the quicker it can be resolved. Never try to treat this type of problem on your own. Do it yourself bed bug programs will often make the problem worse.
How to prepare for a Bed Bug Treatment
- Please allow the inspector or technician complete access to the infested room. The key to a successful treatment is a thorough inspection and treatment.
- Remove all clutter from the infested room. This includes; toys, clothing, books, magazines, storage containers, and other such items including moveable furniture.
- Move furniture away from walls.
- Mattresses with intense infestation should be discarded. New or lightly infested mattresses can be sealed with a Protecta bed Mattress and Boxspring Encasement.
- Disassemble bed frames.
- Remove and launder clothes from drawers,shelves and closets.Wash and dry these articles on high heat. Do not replace these items in the infested room until population has been controlled. Ideally,store these items in a sealed bad or in a seperate room.
- Remove and launder all sheets,covers,pillowcases,stuffed animals,hats,shoes, and covers for living space furniture( couch,chair, and cushion covers) in the infested room(s). Wash and dry these articles on high heat. Do not replace these items in the infested room until population has been controlled. Ideally,store these items in a sealed bad or in a seperate room.
- Items that cannot be washed can be treated by placing the item in a garbage bag then put it in the attic or other area with high heat. The temperature inside the bag should be more the 120 degrees fahrenheit for atleast 3 days.
- Vacuum entire floor, baseboards, mattresses, bed frames, night stands,furniture and other cracks and crevices in the infested room. Discard or empty the container into a plastic bag than seal it and put it out doors inside a garbage container. Additionally, steam cleaning the carpet may kill bed bugs that vacuuming may have missed. Do not steam clean mattresses because excess moisture may cause mildew.
Combine the latest Bed Bug extermination technology with SafeGUARD’S over 25 years of experience!
- Rapidly kill Bed Bugs and their eggs!
- Safe for pets and children!
Call 609-268-1002 now to speak to a representative or click “REQUEST A QUOTE” to schedule your treatment!